The Graduate Student Association of the Department of Greek and Latin is happy to offer reimbursement grants to qualifying departmental graduate students, to supplement travel and conference reimbursement already available from the Graduate Student Association and from other sources. Funding is granted on a first-come, first-served basis as support is available, and so we encourage you to apply well in advance!
- are fee-paying graduate students in the Department of Greek and Latin,
- are confirmed presenters at an academic conference,
- and have already applied for funds from the GSA and (if applicable) the conference.
Eligible expenses (only expenses not covered by another source of funding will be considered for reimbursement):
- Plane, rail, and bus tickets
- Car rentals
- Gas and tolls
- Registration fees
- Lodging fees
- Presentation materials (e.g. poster printing/photo-copying)
- Taxi, Uber, and Lyft fares
- Conference banquets
- An individual may receive up to $250.00 per year.
- An individual must apply for the grant before travel.
- No reimbursement will be issued until after the conference or travel.
- Expenses that are deemed not economically reasonable will not be approved or refunded.
- For presentation materials, the maximum amount that will be refunded is what it would cost on campus.
- Gas for a personal vehicle will be reimbursed at the rate of 20 cents per mile.
- To generate the mileage count, one must use Google Maps to chart the fastest route from home to the lodgings.
- Gas for a rental car will be reimbursed with the original receipts.
- Tolls will be reimbursed with original receipts.
- Requests that do not adhere to the guidelines will be returned to the applicant.
Questions before or during the application process may be directed to the Greek and Latin GSA Senator and Alternate: